Staff Picks | Earth Day Picks by Shruti Sharma

Neophilia, a word I recently learned but connected with instantly. It means a tendency to like anything new. I’ve always been the type to love new and innovative things in life.

Growing up, I loved art so much, just the concept of having a new canvas to work on, new mediums to use or a new craft to perfect was what drove me into design in university. Eventually, that led to a role in sales where I’m finding new and cool products to show people every day!

I always believe in doing our part for our planet, with this being the month of Earth Day I figured why not showcase products that give back!

Seed Paper Calendar

Once you are done with each month you can plant the page and grow some beautiful wildflowers.

seed-paper-cal-2.jpg

Wood Coasters

A unique and personal approach to the classic coaster. Also, for every order of these wooden coasters, a tree is planted in support of reforestation projects.

coasters.jpg

Parkland Backpacks

Each bag is made from 100% recycled water bottles. By buying these recycled backpacks you are encouraging more production of recycled bags rather than bags made from toxic materials.

backpacks.jpg

Eco Grow Bags

Not only is it a compostable gift, but it’s also a giveaway that is more fun and interactive!

grow.jpg

Organic Apparel

“The term organic describes a method of farming without the use of toxic and persistent pesticides or fertilizers, sewage sludge, irradiation or genetic engineering, and are certified by an accredited independent organization. It is a system of farming that strives for a balance with nature, using methods and materials that are of low impact to the environment.”

(Source: Organic Trade Association, 2008)

organic-shirt-1.jpg